Do you want to learn how to perform namaz? At Learning Quran Online we have special Islamic tutors and teachers that are skilled in Islamic knowledge. They will help you learn the proper methods and characteristics of salah. Using the Qur’an and genuine hadith as references, we will guide you through step-by-step procedures to ensure that you receive only the best of Islamic education at our professionally adept online institute.
Namaz (Prayer or Salah) is one of the five pillars of Islam. That means this act completes the faith of a Muslim and is what distinguishes a believer (Muslim) from a non-believer (non-Muslim). A significantly large amount of importance is attached to the namaz of a Muslim. It is to be carried out with devotion and dedication at its prescribed timings. There are certain rules regarding the prayer; some which apply to men, some to women and some to both. Although the exact and detailed procedure of performing namaz is not clearly mentioned in the Holy Qur’an, we have the authentic Sunnah of our Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to be grateful for. It is because of the Sahih tradition that we have answers to many questions that arise in a Muslim’s mind.
The performance of Salah calls for cleanliness before anything else. It is an obligation upon every Muslim, man or woman to be cleansed and purified before standing for prayer. Cleanliness is highlighted as an asset of a true Muslim and must be observed religiously. The first part of cleanliness is to be clean from the body. That refers to taking a proper bath and cleaning the complete body of any impurities. After ghusl (bath), a Muslim must make wudu or ablution. We are the Ummah of Muhammad (PBUH) and therefore perform wudu in the same manner as the Prophet himself performed it.
The steps for wudu are as mentioned:
- With the intention of wudu in mind, say “Bismillah ir rahman ir raheem.”
- Wash both hands thoroughly upto the wrists three times.
- Wash out your mouth with a handful of water three times.
- Wash out your nose by sniffing water into the nostrils three times and then wiping the tip of the nose.
- Wash the face three times making sure water touches the entire face from one ear to the other and forehead to throat.
- Wash the right and then the left arm all the way up to the elbow.
- Brush your wet palms over your hair and the back of the head.
- Using the wet index fingers, pass them into the holes and grooves of your ears.
- Last, wash both feet starting from the right one. Make sure to clean between toes and go all the way to the ankles.
- At the end say, “Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal lahu wa ash-hadu anna Muammadan ‘abduhu wa rasuluh.”
We also teach Quran Reading Online