The Quran is a book like no other, the perfect gift to humanity, embedded with knowledge known and unknown. It was revealed over 1400 years ago and contains 114 surahs and 6,236 verses. Each of them is full of divine injunctions and blessings.
All surahs are important for imparting either affirmative or prohibitive lessons or bestowing countless blessings. However, certain surahs carry special significance to be recited and memorized. Here we will talk about seven of them.
Surah Rahman is the special surah of the Quran, assuming great importance for the Muslim indeed.
In this surah, Allah SWT not only addresses human beings, but He also mentions His other creatures, Jinn. The recitation of Surah Rahman is a source of treatment for various diseases.
Benefits and Virtues of surah Rahman
Ar-Rahman is a name of Allah SWT means The most Gracious. This is known as the bride of Quran. Imam Baihaqi was narrated that the Prophet of Muhammad SAW said,
” Everything has a bride, and the bride of Quran is surah Rahman.”
It is because of the beauty of the surah, which is contained repetition of the verse Fabi ayyi aalaa’i Rabbikuma Tukadziban likened as the ornaments worn by the bride.
- For Purification of Heart A person who recites Surah Rahman daily after Eshah Prayer will die in the state of purity.
- For Marriage Parents can recite this Surah for 21 days regularly for their daughter’s marriage.
- For Patients Cancer, diabetes, hepatitis C, kidney disease, heart problems. and other disorders cured by listening to surah Rahman. Patients severely suffering from above mention chronic diseases seem to get recovered just by listening to surah Rahman of the Holy Quran.
There are three main themes of yaseen
- Risala, that Muhammad is a messenger sent by God to guide His creations through divine revelation.
- The reality of Akhirah, the Last Judgment.
- Surah Yaseen Is Called The Heart Of Quran
Our beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH said: “Surely, everything has a heart, and the heart of Quran is Yaseen. I would like that it should be in the heart of every believer of my ummah.” The holy Prophet (SAW) has counted numerous benefits of reciting Surah Yaseen. A person reciting Surah Yaseen remains in the protection of Allah Almighty.
Hadith About Benefits Surah Yaseen
- Absolution from Sins On forgiveness of sins, our dearest Prophet Muhammad PBUH said: “Whoever recited Surah Yaseen at the night seeking Allah’s approval, Allah would forgive him.
- Magnificent Reward Prophet Muhammad PBUH states “Whoever reads Surah Yaseen, Allah rewards him that is equal to that of reading the whole Quran.” –Tirmidhi 28
Our dear Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:
“Recite Yaseen on those who are dying.” –Sanan Abi Dawud
It is evident from this Hadith that Surah Yasin is recommended to be recited close to the dying person.
· Helps in Life issues
Reciting The Yaseen everyday helps you solve the problems of this worldly life and eases the tests of life or life partner. The recitation invokes the blessing of Allah SWT on the reciter. This surah is also known for abolishing multiple fears from the heart.
Fulfills the Needs
Reported by Ata bin Abi Riibaah, that the Prophet Muhammad PBUH stated;
“Whoever reads Surah Yaseen at the beginning of the day, all his needs for that day would be fulfilled.”
If you need complete support from Allah, try making a habit of reciting Surah Yaseen at Fajr. You will find how easily you had gone through all the hurdles and problems that came your way that day. Plus, Allah SWT will suffice you and fulfill all your needs.
What is the significance of Surah Yaseen?
Surah Yaseen has great significance in the Holy Quran. It is a Maki Surah; it was revealed on Prophet (SAW) in Makah. In the Surah, the non-believers have been warned. Moreover, the glorification of Allah Almighty has been expressed in detail. Some of the past events have been mentioned in the Surah to teach the Muslims a lesson. Moreover, Allah Almighty has warned the non-believers that they will be accounted for what they do.
The lesson here is clear: the truth isn’t always with the majority. And we must stand clearly for the truth, even if we are the only people doing so.
Do you read Quran correctly? Reading the Quran correctly is of great importance. Reading it properly ensures that the Quran’s message is conveyed accurately and that the words of Allah are recited in the way they were meant to be. You can learn to read Quran online from Learning Quran Online. Here you get the best online Quran teacher who has been in the teaching field for the last ten years. There is a five days trial classes for you to try out the service for yourself.
Surah Fath was revealed in Madinah in the sixth year of the Hijrah, on the occasion of the Treaty of Hudaybiyyah between the Muslim-city-state of Madinah and Makkan polytheists. It mentions the victory of Muslims, then criticizes the attitudes of the hypocrites, continues with further promises to the Muslims, and ends by mentioning certain essential virtues of the Muslim community.
Surah Fatah Benifits
- Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq said that those who recite this Surah will be counted from among the sincere and true servants of Allah (S.w.T.) and will gain an honorable status in Jannah.
Safety From Any Loss
- Those who recite Sura Fath would remain safe from loss and destruction of wealth, property, movable and immovable. On the day of judgment, he would rise among the sincere and virtuous servants of Allah, would abide in the eternal land of bliss, would be given the rewards reserved explicitly for those who took the oath of allegiance, on the hand of the Holy Prophet Muhammad(SAW) under the tree; and for those who were with Holy Prophet on the auspicious day of the fall of Makka. Also, he would not be drowned in water.
- If you write Surah Fath on paper and wears it around the neck as a taweez, you would remain safe from thieves and ruffians. At the time of quarrels and clashes would remain safe from the resulting mischief, and only good would be your share.
- Drinking water in which Surat Fath has been dissolved cures any heart problems and protects those who are in travel.
The name of the chapter has been translated as “Prostration” or “Adoration.” mentioning those who “… fall prostrate and hymn the praise of their Lord.
Significance of Surah Sajda
The Prophet (SAW) said: The person who read surah Sajdah and surah Mulk between Maghrib and Isha, the reward for reading these two surahs will be as though he (the reader) had stood awake during the night of Laylatul Qadr.
Benefits and Virtues of Surah Sajdah
- Strengthen the Faith Reading surah Sajdah strengthens one’s belief in Allah. The person get Istiqomah on deen.
- Awareness of the Judgement day Reading surah Sajdah makes our faith towards the judgment day more real than before. That means we become aware of life after death. Note: Muslim’s faith towards the judgment day is written in the six pillars of Imaan that every Muslim should obey.
- Become a Wiser Person Reciting surah Sajda makes the person wiser than before. It includes how patient to face something hard in life, make dua to avoid anger, wiser before deciding something, be more generous, and many more.
- Higher Tolerance to Others We know that Islam is not the only religion in this big world. This makes every Muslim aware of others and have a higher tolerance for them. Since we are the representative of the teachings of Islam, which are showcased to other religions.
- More Grateful Become a grateful person mentions in most of the verses in the Quran includes on the Sajdah. As a grateful person, we become wiser, have a great tolerance level, control our temper, share with others, and many more. After knowing and believing in the fact that everything comes from The Almighty Allah only.
The chapter is named al-hashr because the word hashr, meaning ‘exile’ or ‘banishment,’ describing the expulsion of Jewish Banu Nadir tribe from their settlements.
This surah was revealed after the battle of Bani An-Nadhir. This battle was fought against the Jews of Madina, who started opposing Islam openly after the Battle of Badr.
Benefits of Surah Hashr
Abu Imama narrated that the Holy Prophet PBUH said “Whoever recites the last verses of Surah Al-Hashr in the day or night If he dies on the same day, he will surely enter in Paradise because of the Surah Hashr“.
- Salutation of All Creations It is narrated that whoever recites this surah will be sent salutations from the angels, the Heavens, the Earth, the trees, the birds, the sun and the moon and these will pray for the forgiveness of their sins
- Death of Martyr The one who recites it will die as a martyr.
- Protection of Angels If a person recites both Surah Al-Rahman and Surah Al-Hashr, then one angel will be assigned to protect them at all times.
- To Improve Memory Drinking water in which Dam of this surah is done is good for memory and concentration.
- Ease in Daily Work The recitation of this surah makes the work easier. Its recitation helps a person to be successful in every work done.
Reading Quran with Tajweed is very important. Tajweed is the set of rules that governs the correct pronunciation of the words in the Quran and the proper way of reciting it. It ensures the proper recitation of the Quran and prevents the reader from making mistakes that could alter the meaning of the verses. Learn Quran with tajweed from the best online Quran teacher.
The theme of this Surah is related to the Hereafter, the concept of Tauheed and the suspicion of the disbelievers about the Holy Quran and life after death.
Hadith about Surah Al-Waqiah: This was one of the Surah that aged the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H). This happened because of the intensity and pressure of this Surah. The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) is reported to have said, . “I have become old [due to] [Surah] Hud, al-Waqiah , al-Murasalat , Amma yatasailoon [an-Naba 78] and ash-Shamsu kuwirat [at-Takweer 81].”(Tirmizi)
Jabir Ibn-e-Samra is reported to have said, “The Prophet (saw) prayed like [how ] you prayed today but he prayed lighter. He would recite in Fajr, Surah al-Waqiah or similar [sized] Surahs.”
Benefits of Surah Al-Waqiah
- Protection from poverty The one who recites this Surah every night will never face poverty.
- Source of wealth: If it is read 14 times after Asr prayer, the person who reads it will gain a lot of wealth.
- Source to become rich: If you read this Surah three times after Fajr prayer and three times after Isha prayer, you will become rich within a year.
- Success in business: If this Surah is read 41 times in a single sitting, then Allah will increase his business.
- Sick person: If this Surah is read on the side of the sick person, then it relieves him from pain.
Al Muzammil is an Arabic word that means covered or wrapped. It is is one of those precious Surah that provides guidance and provides a way for the acceptance of a person’s desires.
Benefits of Surah Mzammil
Recitation of Surah Al Muzammil after Esha prayer or after Tahajjud will grant a person with a pure heart. Even if he dies at that moment, he will remain in a pure state.
- Meeting with Prophet (S.A.W) A person who recites Surah Muzammil with full concentration and wholeheartedly will surely get a reward of meeting the Prophet (PBUH).
- Protection From Evil He also said that a person who recites Surah Al Muzammil daily will be protected from evil acts and from being a slave to people.
- Forgiveness From Sins By reading Surah Al Muzammil 100 times on Thursday night, a person’s 100 major sins will be forgiven. He further added that a person’s prayers will always be answered if he recites Surah Al Muzammil daily.
- A Guide Surah Al Muzammil protects and guides a person in hard times. It acts as a light at the end of the tunnel. It finds a way for its reciter.
- Savior From Slavery Recitation of this chapter Muzammil will save you from the slavery of people in this world.
Want to memorize Quran? Memorizing the Quran is a great achievement in Islam. It also brings blessings and rewards and elevates the status of the person who memorizes it in this life and the hereafter. Now you can memorize the Quran online from the comfort of your home. Read more about the online hifz program here and how you can start taking online Quran hifz classes.
Meaning“The kingdom” or “the Dominion” of almighty Allah. Surah speaks about the greatness of Allah Almighty with examples from the vast universe that is a creation of Him. Then the surah speaks about the mighty of Allah Almighty and threatens disbelievers from the punishment they will have in the life hereafter. The surah emphasizes that no individual can impose his will on another; he may only guide and set an example.
Surah Mulk Benefits and Virtues
Surah Mulk has a lot of benefits and virtues. Regarding the virtues of Surah Al Mulk, Prophet Muhammad PBUH said “There is a Surah in the Holy Quran that consists of thirty verses that call for a man until his sins are forgiven.”
According to a Hadith Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “He who reads a letter from the Holy Quran will receive a Hasana, and it will be multiplied by ten.”
Guarantor of Jannah
On the Day of Resurrection, Surah Mulk will intervene with Allah for the forgiveness of its Reciter.
The Prophet Muhammad PBUH said, “There is a Surah in the Quran which is only thirty verses. It defended whoever recited it , until it puts him into paradise i.e. Surah al Mulk” [Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani in Al-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith] ·
Protection from Tormnent of Grave
It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas’ood said: Whoever reads surah al-Mulk every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
Quran is a glorious form of blessings and barakah for those who recite it regularly and implement its injunctions in lives.
We must obey, trust and follow the commandments of Allah SWT and his beloved Messenger in every walk of life. This is the route of ultimate success in this world and hereafter. Being muslim are luckiest to have Allah’s message in the form of Quran and so blessed to have the opportunity to read and understand this miraculous Divine Book. May Allah SWT give all the believers the understanding of Quran and its beautiful Surahs. Ameen.
It is highly significant for you to understand the meaning and purpose of every Surah of the Quran. It is essential for us to understand the meaning and purpose of each and every verse of Quran, As the Quran explains every aspect of life